Sunday, September 14, 2014

Week 4: Famous Last Words

I think that my best writing this week was between the weekly story post and my Introduction. I think that when you're allowed to write about something that you're passionate about, it makes writing so much easier. I am the worst at creative writing and it takes a lot of thinking and time for me to get my creative juices flowing, but once I start, it all just kind of flows. I remember starting this class and dreading Wednesdays just because I didn't want to have to make up another story. But recently, it's gotten a lot easier. Now I don't dread the homework for this class, I just wish that the deadlines were a little looser. It's really hard to manage so many science classes and labs and also worry about having Epics of India homework due at midnight every night. I definitely think I need to work on my time management and prioritize my responsibilities better. I have a lot on my plate this semester and I know if I don't manage my time well, I can very easily just fall apart and fail everything. I did read a lot of cool stories this week when working on my comments. I think that's it's so great to see the remakes and twists that people put into the same stories that I've been reading all week. Some peoples' minds are just so creative and out there, I sometimes do wish that I was better at creative writing and thinking. Other than that, I think that everything is just kind of flowing and routines are starting to be established, which is good. Hopefully everything just falls together as time goes on and the semester progresses.

This is how I currently feel about life
(Image Information: Image retrieved from Dream Time)

3 comments:

  1. Hi Sehrish, I saw your blog post and just wanted to make sure that you understand that the deadlines are COMPLETELY loose...and it's really up to you to make the schedule that works best for you. The idea is that you can do all the work on the weekend, or do all the work on MWF or do all the work on TTh... the idea is to look at your own schedule and then make up the schedule for this class that suits YOU best. Don't let the absolute-last-minute deadlines decide that for you. You can decide all of that for yourself and you will remove all the deadline stress that way. Work ahead by one day, a week, two weeks - it's all up to you! The extra credit is also there to help you get ahead. Anyway, I hope that helps. I am usually asleep by midnight myself... and there's certainly nothing magical about midnight. It's better to make up the schedule the way you want it! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sehrish, I think we captured the exact same idea in each of our blogs. It's easier to write about something that you are passionate about. I don't think you are a bad creative writer, either. You should give yourself more credit! I'm glad your routines are established - that's always a great feeling (I'm just starting to do the same myself).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sehrish! I hope things have gotten better. I feel like this too with a lot of my classes, but what I've found helps with this class is to get it done during the weekend before the week starts that the assignments are due. That way, I don't have to worry about Epics while I'm doing things for other classes. All of the science courses are pretty overwhelming, though. I'm with you on the stressing thing, but we can do it! :)

    ReplyDelete