Monday, November 10, 2014

Week 13: Reading Diary A

Buck's Mahabharata
Reading Notes: Pages 191-246
Notes and Thoughts:

  • Glad Yama is able to revive his four brothers who suck at listening to directions
  • Lots of characters in Virata's court. It'll be difficult to keep track of all those names
  • I don't understand the point of Karna and Indra... So what happens at the end? Does Indra get the jewelry he wants? What does Karna do with the infallible throwing dart?
  • I can't believe that Draupadi is assaulted. Her life just seems so miserable and sad to me. I feel like so many people have tried to harm her. 
  • It's weird how Buck replaces Arjuna's son Abhimanyu as Uttara's husband? I don't really know how I feel about that. 
  • I like how Krishna gives Arjuna the choice of either having Krishna as his ally or taking Krishna's entire army. That's a difficult choice but I think having Krishna as an ally would be a lot smarter than having Krishna's army. Krishna probably has so many connections. 
  • I wish Arjuna and Duryodhana listened to Krishna and just claimed peace instead of fighting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment