Sunday, August 24, 2014

Week 1: Famous Last Words


I think my best writing this week was done when I was describing my favorite place and also my introduction. I love writing about things that I am passionate about, I feel like it comes and flows more easily. I think that a good strategy for this week would definitely be to work in advance. I realized that as I struggled to complete each assignment by the deadline last week and even this weekend. I'm in a lot of hard classes and I also work part time, so getting home at 10:00 pm each night and trying to complete all my homework is definitely a struggle sometimes. The blogs I read this week were pretty good! Each blog I read was unique in it's own way and really made me want to know the people that I'm reading about. I am actually really excited to read other blogs as the groups rotate and different blogs are assigned. Things in my other classes are going okay. So far the only homework I’ve really gotten is lab reports. Which, don't get me wrong are stressful but aren't as bad as actual exams or quizzes. I do know that with science classes though, one week school feels like a piece of cake and the next week there are 12 assignments and 3 tests all due on the same day. So I really am trying to stay on top of things this semester and work ahead instead of just barely keeping up. I also feel like this semester I want to focus on myself. Work more on trying to get to know who I am and where my hobbies and passion really lie. I feel like recently I've been so caught up in other people and just work and school that I haven't had time to focus on myself and just be happy. So this semester I definitely hope I can devote more time to that.

Image Information: Photo retrieved from Labs

This is how I feel in Organic Chemistry and Microbiology Lab

2 comments:

  1. It's so true about how the blogs are different... just like people! The blogs look different, say different things - and that can be a lot more fun that just everything printed on paper, double-spaced! I think I saw this post while you were still working on it - when you get to the Declaration, it will remind you about adding an image. The Declaration is like a checklist, so it can help you figure out if you missed something! You can come back and edit this to add the image, image info etc. Images add so much personality to blog posts too, different from just typed text in a paper! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Sehrish, great first "Famous Last Words" post! I also struggle to complete assignments at times when it is late. I took it easy this semester by taking only one lab. Although laboratory classes are worth minimal hours the amount of work you have to put in for such classes can be underwhelming one week and completely overwhelming the next. I hope you find time to focus on yourself and be happy.

    ReplyDelete