Thursday, August 21, 2014

Week 1: Storybook Favorites

The following were three of my favorite storybooks:

1. Karma and Kama by Kamadeva
     The title of this story grabbed my attention from the list because ever since I was a kid, I always had a slight obsession with romance novels. I've always been a cheesy person who enjoys to watch, read, and dream about love and all the aspects tied to it. Before reading this storybook, I had no idea what Kama meant, only Karma. But Karma is also an interesting concept that I truly believe in. I believe that if you do good to people, good will follow. If you do bad, bad will follow. I was a little confused at the beginning when I started reading this because I was unsure where the author was coming from and why they started by saying "Hey Readers," then suddenly just taking the form of this god.. But as I kept reading, it started making more sense. I think that this Storybook was a good read. My favorite parts were the little lessons and pictures. Even if the story seemed confusing at times, the captions and lessons made a lot of sense and just brought the storybook together.

2. Rate My Rishi by Kira Godinet
     The reason I picked this story was because just looking at the title itself from the list of titles made me think that this would be a humorous storybook. After clicking the link, I realized that it was a parody of Ratemyprofessor.com and that literally made me laugh out loud, what a genius way to portray the characters! The intro was a perfect lead to the "list" and the list perfectly portrayed the qualities and characters of each person. I also liked how simple and easy the layout was to read. The graphics and symbols definitely proved my theory that this was a parody of ratemyprofessor.com and all the numbers next to the characters and the comments underneath each one weaved into everything perfectly.

3. 102.6 BTRL Radio by (unknown)
    I think that this very easily could be my favorite Storybook. The graphics and design were amazing. I literally felt like I was listening to a talk show on the radio. The story flowed perfectly and the characters and the emotions were portrayed well. I also liked the fact that the Author's notes were a little bit more personal. I almost felt like the author was explaining things to me instead of just giving me general statements regarding the actual text. When I clicked the link, I was unsure what BTRL meant but what kept me reading was the homepage with the dark background and the white font. If I was doing something like this or designing something, my graphics would be pretty similar to this Storybook. I also think that the BTRL is really smart. That's something that I would not have thought of but that I found pretty clever after finishing the storybook.    


No comments:

Post a Comment