Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Week 2 Storytelling: Rama Chases the Deer

As Rama is running after this golden deer. He thinks, "Man Sita would be so ecstatic and proud if I walked in what she wanted! This golden deer is so flawless and beautiful. Sita would know how heroic and brave I was if came back leading the deer and was able to put it right in her lap. Sita is so beautiful, she deserves the most beautiful item right beside her at all times."
This gives Rama motivation to run faster and faster.
"Wow this deer is crazy fast though. It seems like this deer really knows where it's going. What if I don't catch up to it? What if I lose it and come back empty handed to Sita? What would Sita say?"
Rama ponders this as the deer gets faster and has more confident in it's step.
Rama then notices a small short cut and realizes that maybe if he outsmarted the deer then he could catch it and take it back to his beloved princess Sita. He was willing to do anything to make sure that Sita always had that perfect smile on her face.
Rama decided to back up and go underneath a cave and took a shortcut a little bit farther down the forrest. He thought he was being smart, but weirdly, the deer was smarter. The deer knew of a better and faster shortcut track. Finally, Rama decided he was done.
He slung up his bow and shot the golden deer right in his heart!


(Image Information: Photo retrieved by: Rama )


Author's Note: I chose this prompt from the list given because I felt like this was an interesting and simple prompt to elaborate on. My main goals for this story are to show what Rama is thinking while running after the golden deer. 

Bibliography: 

  • Narayan, R. K. (1972) The Ramayana



4 comments:

  1. I almost chose this same story to retell because it seemed like such a deviation of Rama's character since he is usually logical. It is nice to read how you were able to capture a likely scenario of Rama's thoughts during this chase. I think that adding the part where he outsmarts the deer to see if it is possible to catch this way is a clever representation of how Rama would handle this situation. It was a simple retelling of the story yet I feel like you got all the main aspects of this part incorporated well. Good job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the way you retold this story, especially the way you let the reader inside the head of Rama. I'm always wondering what Rama is thinking, or how he feels about a situation, and it it great that you let the reader know what he is thinking. This inspires me to talk more about what is going on in Rama's head during my storytelling.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great story. You painted a clear picture of Rama in my head and allowed me to understand more of Rama's motives while chasing the deer. I like how you added the part about Rama outsmarting the deer. It shows how Rama is a wise person and allows us to see more inside of Rama's head. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi again Sehrish! I had really fun reading your story about Ram gong on a hunting trip to impress his wife Sita. I really enjoyed the hunting part of the story because at one Ram was smarter and taking a short cut and then all of a sudden the golden deer is smarter. And then finally Ram killed it. Sita probably was super happy with a golden deer! Once again it was fun reading it!

    ReplyDelete