Sunday, October 5, 2014

Week 7: Famous Last Words

I think that my best writing this past week was my first story in my Storybook. I enjoyed writing that story and hope that I can do a better job on my next one. This past week, I worked ahead and it made a HUGE difference. I felt a lot less stressed not having Epics of India homework due every night. I think that I need to continue doing this so that I can manage my time better with my other classes. Besides that, this past week was alright. I had an Organic Chemistry quiz that went really well and my weekend turned out to actually be really fun.

A lot of exciting things are coming up, OU/TX, Halloween, and last but not least, the start of my FAVORITE SEASON! NBA SEASON! Tip-off is in less than 24 days and I could not be more excited. Can't wait to cheer on the Thunder!

This past week I read some really good portfolios and StoryBooks. I think the one Storybook that stood out to me the most was one that started with a background about 4 kids. Each kid had a different personality and each personality helped to tell a different fable. I read a lot of "Fable based Storybooks" from the past classes and they seemed good but very generic and ordinary. This Storybook was amazing! The introduction made me almost believe that the writer had children. The pictures and color scheme were perfect for the Storybook. The first story was great and the child's personality helped form the story which was a really cool concept. I look forward to reading the rest of her stories! I also read another good Storybook from an author that depicted the Indian Epics as a Reality TV show. The stories were portrayed very cleverly and the narrator did a fantastic job of staying near the show's script! I'm excited to keep reading more story books and seeing the way that different students portray the epics.

Links to those Storybooks are listed below!





The Oklahoma City Thunder
(Image Information: Photo retrieved from Bleacher Report)



4 comments:

  1. Hey Sehrish! I know exactly what you mean. I completed all of this week’s assignment on Monday. It feels so much better than having to do all of the assignments each night. I think you could have made this post a little bit better by adding a link to the Storybook you really liked. I really wanted to know which storybook you were talking about, but couldn’t find a link anywhere on this post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sehrish! I know what you mean about the stress decreasing. This is the first week in a while that I have managed to work ahead in this class. I am really looking forward to Halloween, I just need to keep looking for a costume. It is hard to believe that the semester is already halfway done! I can't wait for OU/TX so that there is some free time to relax and prepare for some of my midterms next week. Congratulations on doing well with your O. Chem exam.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know how much working ahead can be a blessing when you don't have to worry about due dates later. Like you said, it kinda takes some of the pressure off. Congrats on doing well on your OChem quiz!!! I hear it is a really hard class. Great Job. GO THUNDER!!! I really like that you included your thoughts about other student's storybooks. I think it further encourages the writers that you mentioned.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sehrish! I hope your Ogranic chemistry quiz went well, that class is super hard, luckily I do not have to take that class anymore. And I agree with you on the upcoming events, especially this weekend for the OU Texas game. I don’t follow NBA that much but when I do I want Lebron James to win his rings, even though most people hate him, he is a reasonable guy.

    ReplyDelete