Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Week 9: Reading Diary B



Narayan's Mahabharata
Reading Notes: Pages 41-83.
Important Notes and Thoughts
  • Draupadi having so many husbands is still a weird concept to me. I don't know how I feel about 5 men sharing her. 
  • Yudihishthira has a very negative vibe. I don't like that he gambles everything away like that. I personally have nothing against gambling, but I hate it when people gamble more than they should. Gambling $20 is very different than gambling away everything you have and the lives of other people. It doesn't seem like a very fair deal to me. He also gets a second chance but instead throws it away by having everyone exiled for 13 years
  • Arjuna is a character that I want to keep my eye on. I feel like that will be a good story to re-tell sooner or later in one of my blog posts.








No comments:

Post a Comment