Monday, October 6, 2014

Week 8: Reading Diary

    I think that the reading diaries are actually really helpful. Instead of having to back-track and read the last guide or read the last couple of chapters, I just go back to my reading diaries. I think the reading diaries also come in handy when it's time to write a story. Sometimes I look at the prompts, but usually I can just look at my reading diaries and pick a topic that I want to write about. My reading diaries aren't super structured and they aren't a certain length every time. It all just depends on my opinions when I am reading. I really like the fact that there isn't a certain length or picture requirement. The reading diary is my own thing and I like that I can control it.

    The reading diaries are just thoughts and topics that stand out to me when reading the book and guide. I try not to summarize the stuff I read and instead write my own thoughts and opinions on what i'm reading. This helps me remember the storyline better and also helps me when I'm writing my own story. I've looked at other reading diaries in our class and I think everyone has their own style. Some people write essays about what they read, some right just a couple of lines, and others just post a bunch of pictures with captions. I think there isn't a right or wrong way to write a diary. Whatever works for the person is really all that is needed.

    In general, I do remember the reading that I do in this class. Compared to Microbiology and Organic Chemistry, this reading is a lot more interesting and easier to understand and memorize. A big difference for my other classes is that those are just exam-based. I usually just read enough to study for those exams, but for this class you have to read everything to know what's going on. I think that the easiest way for me to memorize things is by relating things back to my life. When I can find some way to connect to the material, it makes it a lot easier to memorize.

No comments:

Post a Comment